Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WIP Wednesday 03/11/2015

HAED Freebie Santa and the Mouse Ornament Progress:


What a quick and busy week! Wednesday crept up on me.

I did manage over 150 cross stitches on the Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Santa and the Mouse Ornament. (This free design is no longer offered, but it is a portion of this larger HAED Santa and the Mouse chart.)



This week's progress was not in one cluster, so it is not easy to see where I made progress. Stitches were added to Santa's face, hat and to the night sky viewed through the window.  Above is a close-up of how this section looks now. Below is a picture of this section last week.



There was not a lot of time to work on my crafty goals this week. However, I did finally paint our guest bathroom. We had a wonderful time hosting our in-laws and family friends for dinner and an evening of Pinochle on Saturday, and we celebrated my husband's grandfather's 97th birthday on Sunday.


Notes of Interest:

1. There is a new Spring Crazy Quilt Challenge Kit available at crazyquiltingsupplies.com. The kit is $35.00 and the prizes look amazing! (I am not affiliated with the shop.) For more details, click the link to the kit.

2. Thanks to MA at Magpie's Mumblings, I learned about Through Our Hands, a magazine loaded with textile artwork. I enjoyed looking through it! (And, if you love eye candy, you may also want to check out this work of beauty MA recently completed.)

3. The Tree Bird Blog Hop at sewwequilt.com will begin on Friday the 13th! (My day to share will be Wednesday, March 18th. Next week, my WIP Wednesday post will actually be shared on Thursday.) Our cheerleader, Lana, has posted the complete schedule on her blog, It Seams to be Sew.

4. May 1st is the deadline to submit crazy quilt photos and/or tutorials for the Autumn 2015 edition of the Crazy Quilt Quarterly magazine. You may find more details here at Pamela Kellogg's blog, Kitty and Me Designs. 

5. If you love Pinterest, this may appeal to you. Diane at A Focused Journey has started a monthly Stop Pinning and Make Something Link Party. The rules are here and the post to link to in March is here.

6. The Have a Latte Blog Hop at sewwequilt.com is about a month away. A recent post by our cheerleader, Joan at Moosestash Quilting, indicates there are still a few slots open. Details may be found here if you want to join the fun with these fun Clothworks fabrics designed by Dan DiPaolo.

MY GOALS:

Last Week's Goals:

1. Complete at least 150 x-stitches on the HAED Santa and the Mouse chart. Done. See pictures above.

2. Work on Nicki Lee's UTS DYB RR Block. The basic seam work is done. Here is a sneak peek. 

3. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. Sigh... No progress. I do have a hard time with the idea of selling my work. Today, a lady at the store asked me if I made my purse and then eagerly asked if I make and sell them. It was sweet, but I was horribly embarrassed and shy. I believe it is safe to say my discomfort with the idea of selling my work may be hindering progress with this goal...

4. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures. Not yet! On Saturday, I did receive the perfect shade of blue perle cotton in an order from crazyquiltingsupplies.com, so it is time to dive in!

5. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block. Sadly, I did not make progress this week. Our dinner guests loved the block though! (I highly recommended the free class through shawkl.com; however, I do not think any of the ladies plan to take up crazy quilting at this time.)

This Week's Goals:

1. Complete 100 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart.
2. Finish Nicki Lee's UTS DYB RR Block.
3. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. 
4. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
5. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block.
6. Share my Tree Bird Blog Hop projects on March 18th.
7. Host a cast party after my boys' play this weekend. (It is hard to believe this will be Monkey's last performance in a high school play.)

4 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! I love your cross stitch project and it is fun to see the steady progress you are making. Thank you for all those lovely links... if I get chance I will have to pop and visit some of the sites! Good luck with this week's goals! :) x

Queeniepatch said...

You are working steadily to let Santa visit your new powder room for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You are one busy lady! I love your fish on Nicki Lee's block.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thank you for the link! Fun to peek at some of the others that I'd wasn't aware of and to see your cute little fishies.