Tuesday, March 31, 2015

1 Xmas Item a Month March 2015 Finish


This month, I combined my Tree Bird Blog Hop project and my 1 Xmas Item a Month project by making this tote bag.


I used this tutorial on Pinterest, but crazy quilted the pocket.

I hoped to make a second gift this month, but spent most of my time working on my Santa and the Mouse Ornament. (I will have more progress to share in tomorrow's WIP Wednesday post.)


However, I did make a bit of progress on one other project. I stitched this pattern from the book Alma Lynne's Country Cross-Stitch more than 10 years ago. Talk about a UFO! 

I tried to make a wall hanging with it for my husband for Christmas, but had no idea what I was doing and it just did not work out. (Picture ruffles that caught in the seams on all four corners before turning it right-side-out. Ugh.) 

I finally pulled all of the seams out. The new plan is to make a crazy quilted Christmas stocking for my husband to use this year, using this cross-stitch as a central piece. 

4 comments:

Christine B said...

Hi Renee! Love your bag and that is a great plan for the cross stitch panel, it will make a good crazy quilt stocking! :) x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would say that Santa was simply waiting for his true calling!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have some cross stitch pieces that are very old too. I know there is an Easter one somewhere but I just can't find it. Your tote turned out cute.

KimM said...

Oh, Renee! Beautiful as always. Love the tote and your "vintage" piece - HA!
xxx