Wednesday, March 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday 03/25/2015


It has been another fun, yet crazy busy week! (Is it really almost April?!) We celebrated the 50th Wedding Anniversary of some dear family friends and had a family celebration of Monkey's 18th birthday. (Monkey is my eldest son's nickname.)

This week, I managed to add over 450 x-stitches to my HAED Santa and the Mouse Ornament. I realized my 100 stitches a week goal would complete the project in October of 2016. To finish by mid-December, I would need roughly 220 stitches a week. So, I am aiming for a minimum of 250/week from here on out. (You may click any photo for a larger image.)

As you can see by comparing this section this week (above) from this section last week (below), I have added to Santa's face, hat and the window.

I do hope you are all having a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Renee

MY GOALS:
Last Week's Goals:
1. Complete 100 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) Completed over 450 x-stitches as seen above. Here is my progress from the past 4 weeks:

2. Finish Nicki Lee's UTS DYB RR Block & mail it out. Done! If you missed the post, you may see it here
Under the Sea Crazy Quilt Block
3. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. I made a bit of progress on a coin purse.

4. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures. Here is a peek:

5. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block. I have been adding beads and still have several to go.


6. Begin an outline for the novel I will be working on during Camp NaNoWriMo in April. I have been reading Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass and have planned the first chapter. That counts, right?!

This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 
2. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. 
3. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
4. Finish Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block.
5. Work on outline for the novel I will be working on during Camp NaNoWriMo in April and update story info on their site.
6. Create a gift to share at 1xmasitemamonth.blogspot.com.
7. Work on project for the Have a Latte Blog Hop. (I love this Clothworks fabric line!)

6 comments:

Christine B said...

Hi Renee! You look like you have made a lot of progress this week, especially considering it has been busy! Your BCQC block is looking pretty and I just loved your Under the Sea block! :) x

Laurie said...

Wow, you are one busy girl! Your goal list makes mine look wimpy. HaHa! Love seeing the progress on your Santa and Mouse piece. I can't wait to see it finished. Hope you have a great day!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can really see the difference on your Santa & Mouse project this week. Santa has such a wonderful face!!

Calicojoan said...

Hi Renee I've been trying to reach you for the Have A Latte blog hop, and haven't heard back. Just making sure you got my emails!

Pamela said...

Great progress.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Renee
Lovely to be visiting here. You are so motivated and industrious.
Your creative stitching is beautiful and I admire your persistence. Isn't it so satisfying to achieve all of these wonderful projects?
Your Under the Sea crazy quilting piece is really beautiful!
Cheers,
Suzy
PS Thank you for leaving such a kind comment about my lace book/journal!