Friday, August 29, 2014

CQJP 2014 June Block - A Purse for My Sister

Crazy quilted purse for my sister using a sew-in purse frame and my CQJP 2014 June block.
I made this purse for my sister using my CQJP 2014 June block.  (Unfortunately, in my rush to finish it and mail it out on time, I forgot to photograph the block before I sewed it into a purse.  Oops!)
The lighting in my home is horrible for photos.  The sun was so bright outside the morning I took these, it made it hard to really see some of the details.  Sorry about that.
The "C" monogram was taken from one of two fonts in Marsha Michler's book The Magic of Crazy Quilting: A Complete Resource for Embellished Quilting. (I am not affiliated with the book or the author.  However, I do receive a small credit if you go to Amazon.com through my site to order the book.  My husband bought this book for me for Christmas one year and it is one of my most used crazy quilting resources.)
This is the first purse I have made with a sew-in frame of this size, and I had a lot of fun putting it together.  I do hope my sister likes it.  (If not, I sent her a not telling her she could trade it in.  I suppose for her, I could take a special request - lol!  Black, purple and green are her favorite colors, so I hope she likes this one!)

Now... to see if I can catch up and stop running 2-3 months behind with the CQJP 2014 challenge.  To see tons of beautiful eye candy, or to learn more about the CQJP 2014 Challenge, check out CQJP2014.blogspot.com.

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she doesn't want it....I know where you could send it.... LOL

Wilma said...

Beautiful purse Renee, think your sister will be very pleased!

lynn cockrell said...

What a beautiful little purse!

Renee said...

Good to know! ;) She told me I was insane to think she might want to exchange it.

Renee said...

Thank you, Wilma! She was pleased.

Renee said...

Thank you, Lynn!

Annet said...

What a gorgeous purse, your sister is a lucky lady! I like the pink purse too, great to make something for yourself!