Tuesday, September 2, 2014

TAST 09/02/2014

This week I finished one TAST stitch.

TAST 127: Beaded Alternating Up and Down Buttonhole

I really enjoyed this stitch!  I used 2 strands of DMC cotton floss that matched the shade of the blue bugle beads in my stash.  This time, I did not keep the two lines right next to each other.  Inspired by the floral seam Sharon added to her hussif and shared in her WIP Wednesday post last week on pintangle.com, I made them look more like a flower stem and a leaf.  Then, I added red and white seed beads to stick with the red, white and blue theme for this block.

To learn more about Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST), the FAQs are here.

To see the new stitch introduced this week (I cannot wait to try it out) and to see what others have been up to this week, check out this post and the links shared in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee

4 comments:

sharonb said...

Looks like you enjoyed this stitch too! Your spacing is so neat too.

Renee said...

Sharon, I did enjoy this stitch! The bugle beads made spacing pretty easy on this one - an added bonus!

Annet said...

This up and down buttonhole looks much better in a V-shape, I almost alwasys stitch it this way. I like your uneven version with extra beads!

Renee said...

Thank you! I agree completely! I love it with the V-shape.