Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crazy Quilt Day 37

March Naked Block
Yesterday, I kept myself quite busy!  It was time to make my next crazy quilt block.  As there will be 3 blocks per row, and January and February were already finished, I decided to work on March next.

While I was at it, I decided to piece the blocks for a couple more glasses cases I planned to make.  It is safe to say, I will not be lacking items to stitch while unwinding in the evening!

In addition to future gift items I am not posting (as I am not sure if the recipients check my blog or not), I made the following items.

Halloween Glasses Case Panels
October is nearly here, and I could really use a new case for my glasses.  So, this will be for me.  The eyes on the right actually glow in the dark.  Oh!  I also found DMC glow-in-the-dark embroidery floss at Jo-Ann Fabric this weekend.  This will be a fun one!

Black and White Glasses Case Panels







I also plan to make a crazy quilt purse at some point in the future.  I am toying with the idea of using black and white fabrics, so decided to  make a glasses case first.  Whether the embellishments will also be only black and white has yet to be determined.  I think I am leaning toward color with the embellishments.

Blue and purple panels for my niece.
This one will be for my niece.  (I do not think she knows about my blog, so it should be safe to post pictures here.)  Her favorite colors are blue and purple.  I found a few adorable embellishments for this one.  Of all the projects I have, this is the one I am longing to work on.  Having two boys, girly projects are a rare treat.





Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Renee


No comments: