Monday, July 9, 2012

Patriotism Quilt Contest Part 2

Good morning!

Last time I checked, a quilt entitled, "Flight Home" was in the lead for the Patriotism Quilt Contest at the Quilting Gallery.  Voting finished a 8 a.m. this morning, so I just looked to see the final results, and "Flight Home" won with 361 votes (36% of the votes.)  There were so many amazing quilts, it was hard to select a favorite, but this one was at the top of my favorite 5 picks.  It depicts a gorgeous eagle flying across a sky filled with fireworks.  It looks like my quilt came in at about 13th place out of the 44 entries.  I had no illusions of winning, and I am thrilled "Flight Home" took the lead.  It was fun to simply participate.

I took a peek at upcoming themes and discovered the week of July 23rd the theme will be buildings and houses.  Perhaps I can use that as a deadline to motivate me to complete my current UFO (Unfinished Quilting Object.)   It is based on a pattern from The City Stitcher Quilt Collection Designs by Janet Miller #9 Our Country Home.  The pattern gives two views, and one uses the words "Home Sweet Home" instead of "Our Country Home." 



Or, perhaps it would be more fun if I could complete this quilt and hold a vote here to see if I should enter the UFO pictured above, or the one I made for my father-in-law for Christmas in 2003 pictured below.  This was my very first attempt at quilting.  (If they look familiar, it is because I added these photos to a previous post.)  If I did not know how much work those vines were, the one pictured above would probably be done by now!  Procrastinate?  Who? Me? LOL!



I hope you all enjoy your Monday!
-Renee


No comments: