Saturday, July 28, 2012

A New Favorite

My new favorite embroidery book.
Confession time.  Not allowing myself to post pictures of the Round Robin block I am working on until my part is complete is becoming more and more challenging as I go.  I am so excited that it is actually turning out pretty much the way I hoped it would.  (Although, it may be better I am not posting as I go; because, no one - except my family - knows what I have tried and been unhappy with!)

While searching for ideas for this particular block, I did make a wonderful discovery that I decided to share with you all (in hopes it would satisfy my desire to share something about my current work.)  Last week, I went to the library and checked out Embroidery for all Seasons by Diana Lampe.  Since then, I let my husband know I added the book to my Amazon wish list for Christmas this year.  (Poor guy.  He did not even know I have had a wish list on Amazon for the past few years!  Of course, I have always used that as more of a reference for myself, to remind me of items that sparked my interest...  Silly me!)

This book is like a little treasure.  Bonus, it even has left-handed and right-handed directions for making the stitches used within the book.  (I'm not left-handed, but I thought of my friends that are when I saw the directions.) 

It would be safe to assume that I have been using a LOT of ideas from this particular book on Mardeen's Round Robin block.  I was happily surprised that I caught on to most of the stitches right away, though a few were a bit tricky for me. 

Now, I need to get back to work.  I really want to post pictures soon! 

Have a great weekend,
Renee

No comments: