Saturday, July 25, 2020

Winter/Christmas Crazy Quilt July 2020 Update



One of my goals for the year is to finally finish this crazy quilted wall quilt. Way, way back in 2014, I completed a round robin with 5 very talented crazy quilters through the Crazy Quilt International Group.

After embellishing the final block, I pieced all six blocks together to create a small wall quilt. Then I came up with the brilliant idea of quilting the borders with hand embroidered and beaded snowflakes. 

I love the look, but began to dread stitching the snowflakes after a while. As a result, this has been sitting in a bag for years. I made a tiny bit of progress in February, and set it aside again. 

This month, I worked on it a few days during my lunch break at work and actually made some visible progress. In August, I hope to be much closer to a finish! 

To push me along, this is my current project for the 1 Xmas Item a Month Blog and it is #9 on my 2020 UFO list.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are all enjoying some relaxing crafting time.

Renee

8 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I love the snowflakes in the border. The whole colour scheme is lovely, too. It will be a delight to display this for Christmas 2020, won't it?

Christine B said...

This is a beautiful piece of work Renee and I hope that you find the time to get it finished so that you can use it to decorate with this Christmas! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Renee,
The snowflakes worked so well! Well done!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Susan said...

It is worth doing, for the absolutely beautiful piece it will be! You're on the downhill side, I think.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks great Renee! I love the additional touch of the beaded snowflakes even though I know they're a right royal pain to do.

nwpaintedlady said...

Renee - I just wanted to comment that I love this quilt your working on and I am glad you are going to finish it. Its going to be gorgeous when done :)

Createology said...

Renee Dear this CQ wall hanging is lovely and your addition of hand beaded snowflakes for the border is perfect. You will be so happy when you complete this project and can enjoy it hanging on the wall. Staying well I hope. Blessings...<3

Lady Locust said...

So I just found your blog, but wanted to comment and encourage you. It’s looking great! Love that you’re add beads to the snowflakes ❄️