Tuesday, August 30, 2016

TAST 2016 Stitch 48

TAST 48: Knotted Feather Stitch

I found some time to stitch this weekend and worked in a TAST stitch!  

The green vine was created with the knotted feather stitch, using variegated DMC size 5 pearl cotton #4045.

Using variegated blue/purple DMC size 5 pearl cotton #4215, I added raised cross stitch flowers and bullion stitched flower buds to the vine. 

This is a combination of stitches I do hope to use again in the future! 

TAST stands for Take a Stitch Tuesday. It is a personal stitching challenge offered by Sharon B. on Facebook and on her blog, pintangle.com. You may read more about it hereIf you follow the TAST Facebook group, you know there are some incredibly inspiring examples of these stitches being shared. Anyone may join at any time during the challenge. Thank you, Sharon, for offering TAST!


8 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

You are using the TAST stitches to their full potential. Aren't they great for creating flowers and plants? Just beautiful!

Tiffstitch said...

That looks beautiful!

Pamela said...

Gorgeous, Renee! You are so creative.

Brigitte said...

Another very creative version of a special stitch. I always love to see what you make with these stitches, Renee.

Katie said...

Very pretty indeed. Love the colors!

Createology said...

Your CQ stitching is divine. This TAST looks sew well sewn and I adore the colors. Embracing CQ Bliss...

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing, Renee. I haven't checked out the series this year, but I don't remember the raised cross stitch, so I will have to look that up. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

LittleOrphanStitch said...

Very pretty! I love watching to see what TAST stitches you do. :)