Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Snowball from Lori F. in Canada!

On Saturday, I found this lovely "snowball" from Lori F. in Ontario, Canada in my mailbox.

Lucky me!

What a fun, fun way to make a snowman!  Isn't it darling!  The eyes, nose and smile - complete with rosy cheeks - are all perfect!

Lori's stitches are lovely.  I just love the seam treatments she used.  The feather stitch with French knot berries is delightful. The arches (at the bottom) and little sequins remind me of snow drifts.  The silver snowflake trim is so sparkly  and festive.  The blue buttonhole stitch with sequins and beads is fanatastic.  And I love the herringbone stitch with the little blue French knots and silver bugle beads.  Although they point upward, this seam reminds me of the large icicles we frequently found hanging from our home in the winter months during my childhood years in Oklahoma.

Thank you so much, Lori!  I just love it!  (Now, I am off to work on yours...)

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That little snowman has tons of personality! Looks like he's peeking in the window and wants you to come out and play.

Queeniepatch said...

Or is he playing hide 'n seek? He's a real charmer.

Anonymous said...

He's cute!

Renee said...

He does look like he has a ton of personality and I love the way he peeks out!

Renee said...

Queenie, he could be playing hide and seek! He is, indeed, a charmer!

Renee said...

Thank you! I sure think so.