Sunday, November 10, 2013

CQI Winter/Christmas DYB Round Robin Blocks Pieced by Kathy B.

On October 11th, I received the beautiful blocks Kathy B. pieced for the Crazy Quilting International Winter/Christmas DYB Round Robin I am participating in.
Melody was the first to receive this group of blocks.  She chose this one to work on, and I think it turned out beautifully.  (As pretty as they are, the pictures never quite do the blocks justice!)  I just LOVE the poinsettia in the red corner!
Next, the blocks went to Kathy S.  Her work is always so pretty.  I love the seams, how she embellished the poinsettia printed fabric, and her beautiful silk ribbon poinsettias!
Barbara W. received the blocks next.  She chose the pine cone block and did such an AMAZING job embellishing them.  This block is so pretty.

I was able to choose a block from the remaining three.  This was not easy, as I found them all simply gorgeous!



I chose to work on the Santa block above.  I began working on it a bit on Friday night (after finishing Rita's snowball), added a bit more to it last night, and hope to complete it by tomorrow so I can mail it on Tuesday.

I have worked so much with silver and blue the past few months, that I am really enjoying the reds, greens and golds.  Such fun!  I must admit, I always struggle with printed fabrics, so I am curious to see what I end up doing with the pretty fabric above Santa Claus.  I love a good challenge!

For those of you that may not know, Crazy Quilting International is a wonderful group that meets at Yahoo! that I discovered after stumbling upon their blog in 2012.  I am so thankful I joined their group, as everyone has been wonderful about answering any questions I have had.  The work others have done has been SO inspiring to me, and the encouragement I have received has been wonderful.  

A "DYB Round Robin" is one where 6 stitchers sign up.  We each make 6 blocks that are 6-inch squares.  We mail the blocks out each month through a rotation that allows each of the other stitchers to choose one of our blocks to embellish.  When the blocks arrive back at home, we will have 1 block remaining for us to embellish ourselves.  When my blocks make their way back home, I will be sure to share the beautiful work these ladies have done for me!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Renee

No comments: