Monday, January 9, 2017

Twilight Duel Update 16 January 2017

This is how Twilight Duel looked in my last update. 

I do so love Ruth Thompson's dragons! Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) charted this piece so well.

Life went nuts the end of last year, so this was set aside from October 13th through December 26th.

December 27th and 29th, it received a bit of attention. 


This is how it looked on December 30th, on the 16-month anniversary of its start date.

On January 1st, the New Official Heaven and Earth Designs Facebook Group announced Challenge #4. The challenge requires a completely blank page on a HAED chart to be completed by April 7th. 


Below is my "before" picture for the challenge.



I have not added any stitches to page 13, so it will be receiving a fair amount of attention this month (even if I need to keep waking up early to make time.)



This is how the piece looked as of January 8th. Only 418 stitches have been added since October - a few on page 3 (there is a bit more blue along the far left side) and a few on pages 7 and 13 (along the bottom)

My son joked that it is looking a bit like a checkerboard, the way I am jumping from page to page to participate in the challenges. He is really just happy to see the progress.



Percent Complete:
Project:    22.34%    (It was 22.06%)
Page 1:    100%
Page 2:    100%
Page 3:    18.94%    (It was 16%)
Page 4:    100%
Page 5:    1.83%
Page 6:    0%
Page 7:    7.26%      (It was 7.08%)
Page 8:    100%
Page 9:    2.73%      (It was 2.08%)
Page 10:  0.25%
Page 11:  0%
Page 12:  0%
Page 13:  2.41%     (It was 0%)
Page 14:  2.9% 

You might be interested to know there is a new free chart featuring artwork by Hannah Disney now offered at Heaven and Earth Designs. You may find HAED free charts here.  


I am joining the Monday Stitchery Link Party #92 at Super Mom - No Cape!

I do hope you will hop over to see what others are working on and to check out the free embroidery pattern shared this week. Perhaps you will even want to join the party!



Thank you for stopping by!
-Renee






14 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

A lovely project to be working on, what beautiful colours.
Great update.

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress! I don't think I'm going to participate in this HAED challenge, but good luck!

Justine said...

What gorgeous colours! I love seeing this one. Good luck with your new page!

Kate said...

I love the colours and admire your tenacity.

Katie said...

Oh I love this one. Glad to see it moving along.

Deb said...

I love this pattern and the colors are so vibrant I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you picked this one to advance in the challenge. It's my favorite of your projects, I think.

Queeniepatch said...

This is such a spectacular design.

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic progress!! Love watching this project grow.

Christine B said...

You are brilliant at keeping on track with these projects Renee! Good luck with the latest challenge.... you can do it! Christine x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can really see the progression on this one. I think it's my favourite of the ones you're working on - whether it's because it's primarily blue OR because it's dragons I don't know because both are favourites!

Renee said...

Deb, thank you so much!

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun how you keep track of your stitching on each section!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Seeing the progress on your various projects always reminds me just how much time and work goes into each piece.

It has given me a whole new appreciation of a cross stitch that my mother-in-law stitched and gifted to us several years ago.

I have to say, I admire how you can start at different parts of the design, work those and then move to a different section. The dragons are going to be amazing!

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for link back encouraging others to come join in the fun. Aloha hugs!