(I tried step-by-step photos, but most turned out blurry... Blurrier than this one.)
First, I worked a feather stitch from the top to the bottom using a strand of size 8 DMC #125 variegated green pearl cotton.
Next, I worked detached chain stitches in sets of 2 or 3 with the same thread.
After that, a 3 mm pearl bead was stitched to the tips with only 2 leaves.
(Before I began stitching the leaves, I looked to see what arrangement would put the beads at least 1/4-inch from the basted seam line.)
For the 9th seam, I worked a pair of detached chain stitches so that one ran along the seam and the other angled out a bit. I used size 8 Anchor #230 green pearl cotton.
Then, I added a straight stitch between the 2 detached chain stitches.
Pink flower sequins were then held in place with cream Mill Hill Petite Glass Seed Beads #40123 attached with a strand of DMC ecru floss.
Finally, a French knot was stitched between each flower with a strand of size 12 DMC #B5200 pearl cotton.
I love the way this one turned out!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you are wondering...
CQJP 2017 stands for Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2017. It is a personal challenge to embellish a crazy quilt block a month. The blocks should be a minimum of 8-inches square (which is the size of my block.) You may learn more about CQJP 2017 HERE.
Other posts related to this block include:
My CQJP 2017 project may also be found on this Pinterest board.