Tuesday, December 6, 2016

TAST 2016 Stitch 57

TAST Stitch 57: Feathered Chain Stitch


I worked this stitch with 3 strands of #207 Bermuda Reef 
Waterlilies by Caron silk floss.

Next time I work it, I would like to try using pearl cotton. I think the stitches would be more defined that way.

I do love the color and sheen of this floss, though!

After adding a few more details to the block this seam is on, I dressed it up with a few flower-shaped sequins 
with clear beads in the centers.

TAST stands for Take a Stitch Tuesday.
It is a personal stitching challenge.
Sharon B. introduces a new stitch to learn each week on her blog, Pintangle.com.
You may learn more about TAST here.
There is also a TAST Facebook group and the members share amazing and inspiring examples of the stitches.

Thank you for stopping by!
-Renee

7 comments:

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! Lovely work.

Christine B said...

Beautiful Renee! This is a lovely block.... I love the flower sequins! Christine x

Katie said...

Ohhh I love it! Such beautiful colors.

KimM said...

What beautiful, lovely stitching on all counts - I, too, love the sheen of the floss. Great choice!
xxx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very pretty! I love the colours - is it an undersea theme?

Anonymous said...

A beautiful seam, even undressed! =) The whole corner of the block I can see looks beautiful - of course!

I love Waterlilies and also Wildflowers, but my FAVORITE Caron thread is Impressions. The silk and wool together make a marvelous thread that stitches SO nicely. I don't have many, because it's pricey, even considering 36-yd skeins. If you haven't tried any, ask for Christmas!

Createology said...

Lovely CQ. I have been looking for flower shaped sequins. You get so much done on your projects. I am envious dear.