Friday, October 28, 2016

1 Christmas Item a Month October 2016


If you are stopping by for the Eerie Nights Blog Hop, you will find my creations here. Today is the last day of the hop. The full schedule may be found here.

Can you believe November will be here next week?! I really wish I knew where the time went!


I apologize for the photo quality. My camera did not want to cooperate with the gray daylight we have had recently.


Using the "Christmas Spirit" fabric by Geoff Allen I had in my stash, I made a second fabric postcard. 
I just love this fabric!


Making fabric postcards is so much fun! 


My backs backs and edges still need some practice...

I had one more finish this month, but I mailed it out early and it has not reached its destination. I will share it with you next month!

If you are interested in making a fabric postcard the links below may be helpful.

Earlier this year, I shared a tutorial on how to make crazy quilted fabric postcards on the Crazy Quilting International Blog.

My 2 favorite fabric postcard tutorials are found at Patchwork Posse (this post has loads of great information and ideas) and at Quilted Delights (I love to use the finishing method shared in this tutorial to finish the edges of my postcards.)

I do hope you will stop by the 1 X-mas Item a Month blog to see what others have made this year.

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Renee





5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your postcards are so pretty. The crazy quilting looks fabulous. I love making the fabric postcards too. I have another way of finishing my edges and did a tutorial on it on my blog (http://needledmom.blogspot.com/2008/04/fabric-postcard-tutorial.html)

Anonymous said...

Anyone would be happy to receive either one. I see you used the angels on the CQ one. Your edges look fine to me.

Christine B said...

Fabulous postcards Renee! Must add making some more to my 'to do' list! Christine x

Brigitte said...

Your fabric postcards look so great. I have seen this kind of postcards on several blogs lately, I think it's a wonderful way to send greetings. Thanks for the links, Renee.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your postcards are really cute! I love making them too - something small and quickly produced, and even better, easy to mail.