Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WIP Wednesday 03/04/2015


It has been another busy week here, but I did manage to complete a couple of projects and make some progress on the Santa and the Mouse Ornament. This freebie chart is no longer offered, but it is a small section of the Santa and the Mouse chart that is available at Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED).


Above is a picture from last week. I found my missing skein of DMC floss in stock at the fabric store this week, so I was able to fill in the small white sections along the top of Santa's hat. I also added a bit more sky to the right.


Here is the current progress on my block for the Beginner's Crazy Quilt Class taught by Kathy Shaw at shawkl.com. (If you are interested in this class, registration for the next free class will be open March 20th - 22nd. You may learn more details here.)


My fly stitch roses need more practice, but they were fun to make! Created with a French knot and three fly stitches, they sound pretty simple. I pulled my tacking stitches a bit too snug and placed the bottom stitches a tad too far out. I look forward to trying these again.


I do love dragonflies! This lace one was fun to tack down.


I could not resist adding a spider. This may be my first pink spider. It is certainly the largest one I have ever stitched!


These little satin flowers with pearl centers may be my new favorite embellishment! (I purchased mine from Thearica at Crazyquiltingsupplies.com. I am not affiliated with her shop, but I love ordering from her!)


This little bow with the dangling heart is entirely too sweet.


It is always so much fun to see how a few beads can dress up a seam! I only wish the photo could capture how the beads play with the light.

That is all the progress I can share at the moment. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Renee

Last Week's Goals:

1. Complete at least 100 x-stitches on the HAED Santa and the Mouse chart. Completed about 60 x-stitches. See photo above.

2. Finish my Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block. Made significant progress. 

3. Work on an item for my Etsy shop. (It is currently empty. It is so much more fun to make gifts!) Completed almost half of the embroidery on a panel for a denim coin purse.

4. Finish my February 1 X-mas Item a Month project. Done! You may read more about it here
5. Finish my project for the Tree Bird Blog Hop at Sew We Quilt My day to share will be March 18th. I was a little nervous about how one project would turn out, but was so happy with it that I actually clapped my hands with delight. :) That same project will also be a Christmas gift this year, so I marked off my March 1 X-mas Item a Month project at the same time. Bonus!

This Week's Goals:

1. Complete at least 150 x-stitches on the HAED Santa and the Mouse chart.
2. Work on Nicki Lee's UTS DYB RR Block.
3. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. 
4. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
5. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block. 


9 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! What a beautiful block you have made in the BCQC... I love the spider and it's web... beautiful! Good luck with your goals for the week!! :) xx

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I love to see your stitching it is so gorgeous.

Laurie said...

Progress = Pretty! I love dragonflies, too. Yours is very pretty.

Queeniepatch said...

I see now how you made your SRE roses. I only knew the Fly Stitch could be used for BUDS. Thank you for sharing, and educating me!
The pink spider is so sweet!

Pamela said...

That white block is just stunning! Your stitches really pop. Wonderful work.

Shell - Little Orphan Stitch said...

Loving the look of your crazy block! WOW!

Annet said...

Pretty stitches, love your pink spider!

Anonymous said...

Love your block. Love your fly stitch roses, love your pink spider. =) You have a lot of irons in the fire, as my mother would have said.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so enjoying watching your santa reveal himself to the world. Of course you know I like the crazy quilt block (and can't wait to make one too!).