Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crazy Quilting International Under the Sea Do Your Block Round Robin


Well... I was not planning to participate in any round robins this year. I was going to focus on finishing a few items on my To Do List.


However, when Nicki Lee asked me about joining in with the Crazy Quilting International (CQI) Under the Sea (UTS) Do Your Block (DYB) Round Robin (RR), my resolution caved and I opted to join in the fun.


I had a couple of ideas for blocks for this RR, and had a hard time choosing which one to go with.


My first thought was to do 2 sets of blocks. One would include the beach, sea and sky and the other would include the ocean and ocean floor.  Each set of three blocks would fit together to make a little seascape, so I would have one wall quilt with the beach and one of the depths of the ocean.


In the end, I went with my second idea. This would include 2 blocks with the sky and sea, 2 blocks with only the sea, and 2 blocks of the sea and the ocean floor.  Once the blocks return home and are all embellished, I plan to frame them with what I believe sane quilters call an Attic's Window; so, it will be like looking through 6 panes of a window to see the blocks in the view.


Today, these blocks will begin their journey to the east coast so a talented lady can begin her magic.


This is going to be so much fun!

Thank you for stopping by,
Renee

7 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! Love your base blocks.... they are going to look great when they have finished their journey! :) x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well if you had to cave, this is a good way to do it. I'll be anxious to see what happens with your blocks as they travel. Fun!!

Laurie said...

Lovely work, Renee!

Queeniepatch said...

One thing is for sure, you will never be out of work!
Have fun diving the ocean.

Shell said...

Oh can't wait to see how these look when you get them back!

Pamela said...

Beautiful start and great idea.

Anonymous said...

That's quite an acronym! I like your plan, and expect you will get some great blocks back ... and do some great blocks for others!