Tuesday, May 13, 2014

TAST 05/13/14

This week, I worked the two stitches Sharon introduced on April 29th for TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) on Pin Tangle.  (Click here for more information about TAST.)

TAST Stitch 110: Rope Stitch:

TAST #110: Rope Stitch
I worked the stitch with #8 green perle cotton.  I added flowers with detached chain stitches using a strand of #8 blue perle cotton and filled each stitch with a straight stitch, so the yellow fabric beneath was not as obvious. A small yellow bead at the center of each flower completed the seam.

It took a few minutes of playing around with this stitch on a scrap of fabric before I felt comfortable with the spacing of the stitches.  Once I caught on, it was quite easy.  I'm sure you will see it again on my crazy quilt work!

TAST Stitch 111: Zig Zag Coral Stitch:

TAST #111: Zig Zag Coral Stitch
EdMar rayon floss in a variegated blue was used to create the Zig Zag Coral Stitch.  I enjoyed using this stitch.  I have no doubt I will use it again in the future!

To see the TAST stitches introduced this week and to see what others are creating with their stitches, Click here and be sure to check out the links in the comments too!

Have a great day!
Renee

TAST stitches I have shared (click on the name to see Sharon's directions.)
#1: Fly Stitch - To see my example, Click Here
#108: Rice Stitch - To see my example, Click Here
#109: Square Boss Stitch - To see my example, Click Here
#110: Rope Stitch - Example is above
#111: Zig Zag Coral Stitch - Example is above

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the rope stitch looks beautiful, the flowers too.

Annet said...

Rope stitch is perfect for stems, it's the next stitch on my to-do-list.

Renee said...

I look forward to seeing yours!