Saturday, April 20, 2013

CQJP 2013 Blocks 3, 4 and 5 Before Embellishments

I finally carved some time out of my schedule to assemble a few more blocks for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project.

As you can see, I am trying to stick with the landscape theme of the first two blocks.  I am curious to see how these will transform!

CQJP 2013 Block 3 - Bare

CQJP 2013 Block 4 - Bare

CQJP 2013 Block 5 - Bare
I have yet to decide which block I will work on first, but at least I have them mostly assembled for March, April and May.

Although we are entertaining guests this evening (and I have a ton to do), I spent my morning browsing through photos (a.k.a. eye candy) of work other crazy quilters have done.  And, I came to a conclusion.  I may have to attempt an encrusted block sometime soon.  I find myself drawn to encrusted work, but I tend to leave a lot more space and use fewer laces and trims, as fitting them in is a challenge for me.  (Perhaps I am a bit too picky.  I also have a hard time finding laces that I like...)

Stepping outside of my comfort zone always makes me feel a little bit giddy - it must be due to the collision of feeling slightly intimidated by the task I am facing and feeling determined to prove to myself I can do it. 

Thank you for stopping by!
-Renee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant wait to see how you embellish these! Love that lightning fabric. Oh my! I need to find something like that here.

Jill said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with these blocks. Your lightning fabric is way cool!

Nana said...

Wow, I really love the fabrics of block 4 and wish I could have them in my stock.

Nana

Renee said...

Thank you! I used Google to find a bit more info on the fabrics (as I purchased them as fat quarters.) The lightning fabric is called "Lightning Storm" at jandofabrics.com. The product ID is nat00065. The brown fabric is a screen print by Hoffman California International Fabric and is style #PN008 (However, I could not find it on their website.) And the blue swirl fabric, I am unsure about. I believe I purchased it at Jo-Ann Fabrics.