Sunday, January 13, 2013

My First Crazy Quilted Purse Post 2

Upper-left section of purse panel.
The first panel of my crazy quilted purse is embellished!  I tried to keep the colors soft and somewhat subtle, for the most part.  On the upper-left, I added a chain-stitched vine and lazy daisy flowers with French knot centers.


Along the top-center section, I made a green chain stitch along the light blue.  On the dark blue, I added a light green button-hole stitch.  In the same shade of green, I added two small lazy daisy stitches for the leaves and a tiny variegated blue French knot as a flower.  A blue butterfly, made of four lazy daisy stitches and a straight stitch completed the dark blue section.


Next, I added a seam with sets of three pistil stitches using a variegated peach/cream Edmar floss.  (I did not continue the embellishment along the entire seam, as the purse pocket would cover a large section, hiding it.)  Along the upper-right, I made a green stem-stitched vine.  And, using a soft yellow DMC rayon floss, I added lazy daisy flowers.


To finish this panel off, I added two pink rayon floss French knot flowers with tiny green lazy daisy leaves along the bottom, beneath the seam line of the pocket.

Front panel of purse, prior to adding pocket.
Now, I am working on the pocket.  One small section is complete.  I hope to share more soon.

I believe I have also completed my second block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013.  I am just waiting for the end of the month to share it with you all.  It has been a learning experience.  Parts of it, I am very happy with, and others... well, I'm not sure how I would do them differently...

Thanks for stopping by!
-Renee