Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crazy Quilt Day 30

Yikes!  I have been neglecting my blog recently...  Between summer activities, participating in my first round robin, spending time with my family and trying to complete some projects around the house, I suppose that is understandable.  I need to update my goals, but posting about crazy quilting is so much more fun!

I must confess, I have not made much progress on my January block.  However, I did finally stitch the scarf-letters on to spell out the name of the month.  (The R and Y required so much twisting and such that I actually whip-stitched the two raw edges in the back together; a step I did not find necessary for the other letters.  It took a while, but I finally manipulated them into shape.) 

Next, I need to decide, do I add the snowmen, or leave them as scarves?  Once I decide that, I will be able to start adding the tassels onto the ends of the scarves.  If I do not add snowmen, I need to figure out how to cross the A's.  Hmmm.... tricky, tricky.  I am most tempted to switch to another section of the block so I can mull that one over.

And, I have another confession.  I failed at my resolution not to begin another project until I finished two UFOs.  But I have a great excuse!  (Don't I always?  Hmmm...)  I have been working on a couple of birthday gifts.  Once they the recipients have received them, I will post pictures.

Have a wonderful day, and thank you for stopping by!

-Renee

No comments: