If you have wondered about my lack of Crazy Quilt Journal Project updates, I have to admit that I was stuck.
The problem with just stitching a tree without planning it out first is that I don't always like the shape...
It took me a while to figure out the best way to fix this one. In the end, I added some lower branches and was much happier.
I used 2 shades of size 8 brown pearl cotton to stem stitch the tree and the branches.
3 shades of green size 8 pearl cotton detached chain stitches were added to create leaves.
Next, I added 3 green straight stitches to create leaves and a flower stem. A red French knot flower topped each stem.
My next challenge was filling in the upper section of this large triangular piece of the block. I attempted a bird in flight, but was really not happy with it. (Even my boys agreed it just did not work.) Since there are so many flowers on the block, I stem-stitched "Bloom" with a strand of size 5 white pearl cotton.
I have 5 more motifs to finish on this block. At least one of them will be created with the templates I received to review from Sharon B. at Pintangle.
If you have been considering purchasing a set of these templates, Sharon announced a 6 day sale from June 18th - June 24th. The shop to purchase them will be closed until December after this sale. You may find more details here. Please note: I am not affiliated with her website or her templates. I really like Set 2 of the templates and have finally ordered Set 1.
CQJP 2016 is a personal stitching challenge to complete a block a month. You may learn more about it here. If you are interested in joining next year, sign ups for CQJP generally open up in November and close in December.
I am linking up with Stitchery Link Party #63 at Super Mom - No Cape! I encourage you to visit to see the free embroidery pattern and to discover what other bloggers have been working on this week.
Thank you for stopping by! -Renee