Tuesday, August 12, 2014

TAST 08/12/14

Tuesday has snuck up on us again.  Is it just me, or is this year flying by?!

I managed two TAST stitches this week.

TAST 124: Closed Herringbone

 

The EdMar rayon floss I used is rather fine.  I look forward to trying this with a thicker floss.  However, I love the little diamond shapes this stitch created along the seam.

TAST 85: Raised Cup

I really love the way these little raised cups can become flowers.  I look forward to making more of them in the future!  These two are a little lonely on this seam; but not to worry, I have plans to fix that!  (Sorry, I just could not bring myself to crop Benny Beaver - the OSU mascot - out of the picture.)

Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) is a challenge offered by Sharon B. at pintangle.com. Although it is a challenge, you set your own goals.  There are currently 125 stitches Sharon has shared.  If you want to participate, you set your own goal - learn one stitch a month or two or more each week. Take pictures of your work to share on your blog or Flickr account and link back to the TAST post on pintangle.com.  Leave a comment on the current TAST post with a link to your blog or Flickr account so the rest of us can admire your work.  To see what others have been up to this week, click here - do not forget to check out the links in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee

6 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

Nice samples of the Closed Herringbone and the Cup is really good.. :-)

Annet said...

The closed herringbone looks very nice in Edmar rayon. And you're right; the year is just flying by, I just started my closed herringbone today!

Renee said...

Thank you, I had fun stitching them!

Renee said...

Your work is always so lovely, I look forward to seeing your closed herringbone!

Queeniepatch said...

No, it is not just you. This year HAS flown at extra speed, and it is hard to keep up. However you have as usual produced good work. The Raised Cups are made for holding beads, don't you think?

Renee said...

It is most definitely made for holding beads! :)