Monday, September 11, 2017

QS Red Hearts Update - September 2017

This month, I added 1,187 stitches to my Heaven and Earth Designs "QS Red Hearts" cross-stitch. I have to say, I love Ching-Chou Kuik's artwork and this piece is one of my favorites.

This photo shows how it looked last month.


If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know that I finished page 4 this month!


I am trying to work the rest of this project by filling in the grids diagonally.

Page 4 was sooo close to a finish, I had to fill it in.

Working diagonally, it may take longer to see a visible difference, but I will be able to alternate between pinks and reds on pages 5 & 6 and the darker colors on pages 7, 8 & 9.


I am also tracking my progress in my bullet journal. There is something satisfying about coloring in a square that represents 100 stitches.





The project is now 62.15% complete. (It was 59.62%.)

Pages 1-4: 100% complete.
Page 5: 29.39% complete. (It was 21.46%.)
Page 6: 7.26% complete.
Page 7: 23.05% complete. (It was 14.77%.)
Page 8: 0.09% complete. (It was 0.04%.)


I am joining Monday Stichery Link Party #127 at Super Mom - No Cape! Feel free to join the party if you have a blog and do any hand embroidery. I do hope you will pop over to see what others have been working on.

Thank you for stopping by.
Renee


8 comments:

CathieJ said...

This is getting more beautiful with each post.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely. I am amazed at how long it takes to get much done on these....from my personal experience now. LOL

Queeniepatch said...

I always admire your patience and how you plan and journal your work.
With such a beautiful design it is well worth the effort.

Anthea said...

Very pretty progress Renee... so much detail & she's going to be magnificent when she's done!

crazyQstitcher said...

Your persistence is paying off. The work is fantastic.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm not normally a fan of a lot of pink, but I do like this pretty little fairy. You're making great progress!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on adding so many stitches and finishing another page.

Katie said...

Oh beautiful progress. Congrats on the page finish.