Monday, May 8, 2017

Sun, Sand, and Sea BOM Block 3 Progress


This week, I managed to finish embroidering around the applique on these 4 darling blocks designed by Carla at Creatin' in the Sticks for the Sun, Sand, and Sea Block of the Month. I still need to sew the striped blocks together (the fabric is all cut) and sew the 8 blocks together. I hope to find time to finish that this week!

I used a buttonhole stitch around each piece of applique, stem stitched the legs, and satin stitched the eyes.

This is my first block of the month experience and I absolutely love all of the blocks that have been introduced. I am very thankful that Amy at Sew Incredibly Crazy and her blogging friends have put together such a fun quilt.

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee


I am linking with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #109 at Super Mom - No Cape! I do hope you will stop by to see what others have been working on and to check out the free embroidery pattern. If you do any hand stitching and have a blog, feel free to join the link party!

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

What charming life one would have at the seaside, if one were a seagull.
I wonder what's in his glass, a fish smoothie, kelp cocktail or seafood juice?

Anthea said...

It looks like it's going to be a fun BOM, Renee!

Anonymous said...

That does look like fun. I misunderstood before and thought the seagull was part of a new CQ project. This is an adorable quilt! I especially love the fat little guy in the beach chair! Well done.

SuperMomNoCape said...

It is a really cute Block of the Month, isn't it! Your versions turned out great!

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!