Monday, December 19, 2016

CQJP 2016 March Block Motif 1


I had a lot of fun adding this flower to my CQJP 2016 March block!

It was actually embroidered back in January and shared as part of my review of Sharon B.'s Crazy Quilt Templates Set 2 published in the Summer 2017 edition of the Crazy Quilt Quarterly.  (NOTE: I am not affiliated with the templates or the magazine. I do love both, though!)


After tracing the flower petals, stem and leaves, I used long-and-short stitches and size 8 red pearl cotton to fill in the petals. 

Rope stitch created the stem and the leaves were filled in with a tiny straight stitch at each tip, followed by fly stitches worked in the same shade of size 8 green pearl cotton.

I love the way it turned out! (The photo does not do it justice. I cannot get the lighting to cooperate...)

The Crazy Quilt Journal Project a personal stitching challenge. If you are interested in signing up in 2017, please hurry! 

Registration closes on December 28th. You may read about the rules here and learn how to sign up here.

If you register, please let me know. I would love to cheer you on! 

You may view CQJP 2016 blocks and completed projects here

This post is linked with Monday Stitchery Link Party #89 at Super Mom - No Cape!

If you have a blog and do hand embroidery, please link up. The more the merrier!

I do hope you will peek back in next Monday. I am incredibly excited about the project I plan to share.  

Thank you for stopping by!
-Renee



11 comments:

Christine B said...

This is such a beautiful motif Renee and your stitching is perfection! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year! Christine x

Queeniepatch said...

Sharon will be pleased to see how you have used her templates. Great flowers!

Diane said...

Your embroidered design is so pretty Renee.

I like a little snow, not ice and I am glad it starting raining to melt everything away.

Hugs Diane

Renee said...

Thank you, Diane! I am thankful the snow and ice are melting, too. Though, it sounds like we may have more over Christmas. (At least that was predicted last time I looked...)

Katie said...

Oh this turned out beautiful. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite designs from the sets. What you did with it is beautiful, too.

Tiffstitch said...

Very cool project!

Sheryl said...

Lovely embroidery Renee.

Laura said...

Beautiful stitching! And you button snowman makes me smile. I love seeing what you are working on.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Beautiful flower!! I love Sharon's templates - so many design possibilities (and so little time to explore them!).

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! Nice work!