Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WIP Wednesday 04/08/2015


Over 250 stitches were added to Santa and the Mouse this week. 


I filled in some of Santa's beard and the fur on his hat. Here are close-ups of this week (above) compared to last week (below). 
Click any image for a larger view.



Last Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) I completed just over 250 stitches this week. Photos are above.

2. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures. I finished this seam and have the base stitches down for the next one.

3. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block. I only added 12 more beads to seam 5, but it is progress...


4. Write at least 11,670 words this week. My current word count is 11,701.

5. Complete a project for the Have a Latte Blog Hop. (I love this Clothworks fabric line!) One project is done and another is almost finished. My day to present will be Thursday, April 16th.

6. Share pictures of the Crazy Quilt International Under the Sea Round Robin (CQI UTS RR) blocks I received last week. Kathy S. of MD made 6 gorgeous blocks and Nicki Lee of MA did a stunningly gorgeous job embellishing one. I also need to choose a block and sketch out my plans. Here is a link to the post and below is a picture of the block embellished by Nicki Lee.
I decided to embellish this beautiful block. A friend asked how I could possibly choose which one to work on. I opted to go with the block I liked best with a piece of lovely lace I purchased from Nicki Lee


This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 
2. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
3. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block.
4. Write at least 11632 words this week, for a total of 23,333 words for Camp NaNoWriMo.
5. Complete another project for the Have a Latte Blog Hop. (I love this Clothworks fabric line!)
6. Work on Kathy's CQI UTS RR block.


5 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! You have done really well on your goals this week and I love the photo you have put in the header on your blog! Hope you have another good week.... you are working on some lovely projects! :) xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Santa is progressing by leaps and bounds...and...good job on getting all those words written!! I'm excited because the proof copy of my 'book' came today. Who knew 500 pages would be that thick?!!

crazyQstitcher said...

wow! You have been busy. The cross stitch is growing steadily though the dark blue colours must be hard to see in some lights.
The seam is really nice and your CQ beautiful.

KimM said...

Beautiful stitching and GREAT progress!!! Your book sound enticing. Who doesn't love a good mystery?
xxx

lynn cockrell said...

All are very pretty. That Santa is coming along beautifully!