Thursday, March 19, 2015

Late WIP Wednesday 03/18/2015 and Tree Bird Blog Hop Day 5


This has been another incredibly busy week! We celebrated a birthday, hosted a cast party, and our boys performed in a play on Friday and Saturday. In spite of our hectic schedule (we were also out of town a couple of days), I did manage to get some stitching done.



Above is a picture of the segment of the Freebie Santa and the Mouse Ornament that I worked on over the week. I filled in a bit more of the sky and more of Santa's face. Below is a picture of how it looked last week.



TREE BIRD BLOG HOP DAY 5
It is Day 5 of the Tree Bird Blog Hop.
I just love this idea from Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt
and cheered on by Lana at It Seams to be Sew.

I hope you will hop over to visit today's presenters.

DAY 5 - Thursday, March 19


MY GOALS:
Last Week's Goals:
1. Complete 100 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) Done! Added over 150 x-stitches as seen in photos above.
2. Finish Nicki Lee's UTS DYB RR Block. Almost! It should go out in Friday's mail. Here is another tiny sneak peek.

3. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. 
4. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
5. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block.
6. Share my Tree Bird Blog Hop projects on March 18th. I just love seeing all of the creative projects in this blog hop! My post is here if you missed it.

7. Host a cast party after my boys' play this weekend. (It is hard to believe this will be Monkey's last performance in a high school play.) There is a story to tell here... Somehow, my husband managed to become a bit of a thespian this weekend too. At the end of the play on Friday night, my husband was the random person pulled from the audience to be treated as a suspect. It was absolutely hilarious. On Saturday, one of the cast members could not make it to the play. When he heard they might have to cut the part, my husband volunteered to fill the role. I missed his performance (as I was preparing our home for a cast party with 20 teenagers), but I heard he did a great job - even with only 4 hours to learn his part. He said he messed his lines up once, but my boys declared only the cast could have noticed. (I happen to think my husband is a pretty neat guy.) This was my eldest son's last high school play and it was incredibly memorable.

This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 100 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 
2. Finish Nicki Lee's UTS DYB RR Block & mail it out.
3. Work on an item fomy Etsy shop. 
4. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
5. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block.
6. Begin an outline for the novel I will be working on during Camp NaNoWriMo in April. 


1 comment:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! You do sound as though you had a very busy week. Well done on managing to get any stitching done and good luck for your goals for next week! Have a good weekend! :) x