Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday 02/25/2015


Is it really the last Wednesday in February already?! 

It has been a busy week for me and a productive one. (Although, I did realize I have not fully completed a project to add to my 2015 Finishes page yet. I have 3 days to fix that!)

HAED Cross-stitch Progress:

Roughly 300 x-stitches were completed on my Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Santa and the Mouse Freebie Ornament. This freebie is no longer available. However, it is a small section of this chart and the artwork is by Scott Gustafson. Current free HAED charts may be found here. (My favorite is the Freebie Ice Princess - the artwork is by Hannah Lynn. It is a small section of this chart.)


Santa's hat has been filled in a fair bit this week. Last week's progress is shown below for comparison.

Beginner's Crazy Quilt Class:


The majority of my stitching time this week has gone into the block I am making as part of the free Beginner's Crazy Quilt Class taught by Kathy Shaw at Shawkl.com. I have a bit more silk ribbon embroidery to add before adding motifs and beads.  I do so love the way the white fabrics make a perfect canvas for the embroidery.  It is a fun class! 

Registration for the next beginner's class will be open March 20th-22nd if you want to join the fun!

Goals:

My goals for this week include:
  1. Completing at least 100 x-stitches on the HAED Santa and the Mouse chart.
  2. Finishing my Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block.
  3. Working on an item for my Etsy shop. (It is currently empty.)
  4. Finishing my 1 X-mas Item a Month project.
  5. Finishing my project for the Tree Bird Blog Hop at Sew We Quilt.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have an amazing week!

Hugs,
Renee


4 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, Renee! Your quilt block is beautiful! And you sure have made progress on your cross stitch. I've never stitched with more than one thread before. I would have this a tangled mess. I'm guessing this takes tons of concentration. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't. Ha!

Queeniepatch said...

It must take a long time to work on Santa, but steadily his features and clothing are filled in.
Bravo for adding some ribbon embroidery to the beautiful crazy quilt block.

Pamela said...

Great progress! I love the crazy quilt block - beautiful! I have a hard time believing it's the end of February too!

Joy McD said...

Oh wow, you are much further than I am on my crazy quilt block - I'm afraid the french knots in seam 3 had me in knots... :) xxx