Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WIP Wednesday 02/18/2015


I did not manage to post last week, but I did manage almost 90 x-stitches on the Freebie Santa and the Mouse Ornament chart from Heaven and Earth Designs.  I hoped to add more to it this week, but did not manage it.  This has been a very busy week with my family.

The picture below shows how things looked on February 4th. Santa's forehead has been filled in a bit more.


To be on track with my goal of 100 x-stitches a week, next week I need to have about 220 stitches.  We will see if I manage it with the work I am doing on my block for the Beginning Crazy Quilt Class taught by Kathy Shaw. (I hope to share my progress soon!)

Please note: this free chart is no longer available at Heaven and Earth Designs. It is a smaller part of the Santa and the Mouse chart found HERE.  There are now 2 free charts available and one of them was only recently listed. If you are interested in checking them out, there is a link HERE. (I am not affiliated with the site in any way.)


This week I did manage to just about complete a project for the Tree Bird Blog Hop coming up next month at Sew We Quilt.

A friend and I also decided to venture out on our first local quilt shop hop.  The Snowflakes and Stitches Shop Hop takes place in the Portland/Salem area of Oregon. It began on February 7th and ends on February 21st.  It includes 15 shops. My friend and I made it to 9 shops on Saturday in Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Forest Grove, Tigard, Lake Oswego and West Linn.  Today, my husband showed me how much he must love me and went with me to the shops in Wilsonville and Molalla.  I hope to make it to the last four shops in Salem, Keizer and Dallas before Saturday.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Renee

7 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Did you shop or window shop in the quilt shops? You might have a lot of new projects for your list?
Anyway it is nice to see more of Santa's face. I hope you manage your scheduled work for next week. Until then, enjoy!

Pamela said...

Great progress! The quilt shop hop sounds like a lot of fun.

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! Your cross stitch is coming along nicely and I can't wait to see more of your BCQC block! The quilt shop hop sounded great! I bet you had lots of fun! :) xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - to have that many quilt shops within driving distance must be sheer heaven!! Went & checked out the new x-stitch patterns and how I love that wee monkey!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - to have that many quilt shops within driving distance must be sheer heaven!! Went & checked out the new x-stitch patterns and how I love that wee monkey!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the quilt shop hop. Those are so much fun! At least they gave you plenty of time. We have 10 days, including two weekends, to take in 12 shops, but 2 of them are 100 miles from me in one direction, and 20 are 50-60 miles in another direction. About half are right here in town, with three more about 30 miles away in the Pigeon Forge area.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

OK i have obviously slow reading lately. What quilt shop is in Gresham? Obviously I have not been home for a couple of years.