Sunday, February 22, 2015

Beginning Crazy Quilt Class Progress - Basic Seams Added


Let me just say, I am loving the Beginning Crazy Quilt Class Kathy Shaw offers through Shawkl Designs!  There are things I have discovered I do the same as Kathy, and there are other things we do differently. It is so much fun trying new methods.

Above is a picture of my block with the basic seams and stitches. Next, I will be adding some of the silk ribbon embroidery. 

At the time of this post, it looks like registration for the next beginner's class will be March 20-22, if you are interested!

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee

Please note: I had a few technical difficulties making this post. I do apologize if you subscribe by email and received a blank post!

8 comments:

Christine B said...

Hell Renee! This is looking beautiful... you will love the silk ribbon embroidery stitches! :) xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like you're having fun! I already have those dates marked on my calendar so I can join in the fun (and the learning!).

Mary Ann Tate said...

I took two classes with Kathy. I really loved them.

Annet said...

Such pretty seams, I wish I had time for this class!

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! The color really pops on the white fabrics.

Queeniepatch said...

Your stitching is so neat and accurate. The choice of colours makes me think of spring peeping through the snow of winter.
I am looking forward to the added ribbon embroidery.

Anonymous said...

Your block looks so pretty, even if you didn't add another thing. Did you make Kathy's templates? I always think about taking her class, but I know myself. I'm genetically incapable of following a plan, even my own! =) This looks so lovely, and I noticed a seam I have not noticed on blocks from this class before. I wonder if its new, or if I just missed it before. Beautiful work! My finally finished Jan. CQJP2015 is going up at 10 am. EST.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That is gorgeous! Your stitches are beautiful.