Monday, February 9, 2015

Basic Crazy Quilt Class Bare Block

Kathy Shaw at Shawkl Designs generously offers crazy quilting classes for free. All you have to do is purchase the supplies, read the information and follow her amazing directions.

Note: There is a button on her sidebar for students that wish to make donation to help with the software expenses she incurs to provide the classes.

If you have taken the beginner's class, registration for the next intermediate class will open on February 26th. 

The next beginner's class will open for registration on May 2nd.

The beginner's class is a prerequisite for anyone wishing to take the intermediate classes - regardless of the stitcher's skill level. I really want to learn a few things offered to intermediate-level students, so I am taking the beginning class.

This is my bare block. (It is hard to tell from the photo, but there are 5 different printed white fabrics on this block.)

Creating the beautiful block Kathy teaches her beginning students should be a fun way to try out my new Q-snap frame, too. (I have heard such good things about them.)


Now, I am going to hop on over and see the Day 8 We Support You projects on the following blogs. I just love all of the ways support is being given through this blog hop hosted by Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt and wonderfully cheered on by Pat at Life in the Scrapatch.

Feb 9th 






6 comments:

Shell said...

Love my q-snap frames for embroidery!

Christine B said...

Hi Renee! You are going to love creating this block! The class is great and Kathy's instructions are brilliant! :) xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm planning to take the next beginners class to0 - for the same reasons. I really want to learn some of the things on offer in the intermediate classes. I'm sure I'll learn lots in the beginners class as well, so it certainly won't be a waste of time. I have a q-snap too and never think to use it (oops).

Queeniepatch said...

I see you are ready to embark on a new cq adventure. Isn't it nice to look at a bare block and then later be able to compare it with the finished, embellished block?
Have loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

Kathy is amazingly knowledgeable about CQ, and lots of my friends have taken that class. I like your block and look forward to seeing how you embellish it. Everyone's winds up looking different. I don't use any kind of hoop, but I love the q-snap quilt frame, so I'm sure this will be great. I have this one, even have a piece of redwork in it, but it's been in there for more than five years without getting very far. LOL Not the frame's fault, of course!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I've had q-snap frames for a long time and bought bigger ones after taking the beginning class. I look forward seeing what the intermediate classes will offer.