Friday, February 6, 2015

A Zendoodle and We Support You Day 7

My First Zendoodle
I feel a bit like a small school girl, thinking, "Look what I did!"

Not that it is amazing or free of mistakes, but I am quite pleased with the way my first zendoodle turned out. 



(I learned these fun designs at tanglepatterns.com.)

I know, I know... the last thing I need is another way to spend my free time. However, I have been intrigued with zentangles since last year when my on-line friend Annet at Fat-quarter shared one she sketched for a weekly challenge.

The really fun part about this budding hobby is that my 15-year-old wants to learn how to make them too! 

On Pinterest, I began searching zentangles and learned there were actually rules for these amazing doodles with classes and certified instructors. One rule is that they are not meant to look like anything. Of course, the ones I was drawn to (punny right?) were in shapes of hearts, animals, trees, landscapes, etc. I learned these are actually zendoodles.

Earlier this week, I went shopping on Amazon.com to buy some Have A Latte fabric for the upcoming blog hop at Sew We Quilt with the gift card my dad sent me for Christmas.

While I was there, I looked at sketch books and zentangle pens, and purchased this 10" x 11.25" Artisan Color My World Spiral Bound Sketchbook by Lisa Kaus and a set of 6 Micron pens ranging in size from 0.20 mm to 0.50 mm. (Please note: I am not affiliated with any of these products, but if you access Amazon.com through my blog to make a purchase, I do earn a small credit.)

Today is Day 7 of the We Support You Blog Hop at Sew We Quilt. Madame Samm generously shared her bra pattern with the participants and Pat cheered us on. 

Feb 6th  




I do hope you will join me and hop on over to see what lovely projects are being shared on these blogs today. 
(For a full schedule of the blog hop, click here.)

6 comments:

Janie said...

Great Zendoodle, Renee. I think Zendoodle is such a good tool for getting in touch with your inner designer. It frees you up and makes you brave.I applaud you!

Queeniepatch said...

I am sure this hobby is addictive! Take care!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great fun to see your zendoodle - reminded me that I was doing them for awhile and have gotten away from it. I really need to get my sketch book out and do some more.

Anonymous said...

Great zentangle! Be aware they are addictive. Several years ago, a friend started messing around with them, and wound up dropping her other quilting interests to do nothing else. Now she makes cards and sells them. LOL

Anonymous said...

Zentangling

Annet said...

Love your first zendoodle! Thanks for linking to my blog.