Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Snowball from Kathy!

A few days ago, I was thrilled to find another wintery snowball in my mailbox.  This one is from Kathy S. in MD.  (Many of her on-line friends also know her as Clothqueen.)  It is my understanding Kathy just began crazy quilting this year and I am so honored to be the recipient of her first snowball.  I just LOVE it!

Let me just say, my photo does not do this snowball justice.  The fabrics are all fabulous and the stitching certainly adds a wonderfully wintery feeling! 
I absolutely love this tree fabric! And I love the fly stitched seam Kathy added.
This buttonhole seam with French knots makes such a fun, wintery fringe along the bottom.
And check out the darling snowflake charm!
I wish my camera could catch this better.  I love the seam along the left, next to the darling snowman.
In person, the feather stitches along this shimmery silver fabric are so much easier to see, and the silver beads add such a wonderful sparkle!
Again, my camera fails to capture the beauty.  These wonderful silver stitched snowflakes sparkle on the shimmery blue fabric.

Kathy, thank you so much for this bright, wintery addition to my snowball collection!  I love it!

I truly hope to have yours mailed out by by the beginning of next week. (Though, I promise, I am not stressing about it - as you requested!  I am enjoying the process.)

For those of you new to my blog, CQI is Crazy Quilting International.  I stumbled upon their blog almost 3 years ago, while searching ideas for a cream-on-cream crazy quilt.  All of the eye candy opened my eyes to so many more possibilities.  I just had to join the CQI Yahoo! Groups.  It took me about a year to gather the courage to join the on-going snowball swap.  I only wish I had started sooner - it is so much fun collecting such a variety of treasures from around the world.

Hugs,
Renee





4 comments:

Janie said...

What fun, a sparkly treasure!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a fun piece! I can imagine the sparkle.

Queeniepatch said...

Every real snowflake is unique and as a snowball is made up of millions of flakes each snowball must be unique, too. So each CQI snowball of course is a one-of-a-kind, too. You are lucky to have got this fabulous one!

Renee said...

Thank you, ladies! I could not agree more.