Saturday, September 6, 2014

CQI DYB Heart Round Robin 2014 - Set 4

The end of August, I received Alexandra's lovely set of blocks. 
Kathy S. (a.k.a. Clothqueen) received the blocks first and embellished the lovely block above. I adore hearts and just love the heart wreath she created.
Barbara W. received the blocks next, and embellished the beautiful block above.  (I hope Barbara does not mind if I use her lovely heart flowers on one of my blocks in the future!)
Lisa B. (of ivoryblushroses.blogspot.com) completed the lovely block above. Lisa's work is always exquisite. (You may view the post on her blog here. There are close-ups and more eye candy with her work. The seagull on the under the sea block is amazing.)
These last three blocks remained for me to choose from.  I opted for the pink block.  I am off to work on it now.  It is my hope to finish it by the end of the day so it may be mailed out on Monday.  

I am pulling various shades of pink from the block, as well as some of the purple and yellow in the bottom floral print.  The leaves pull out the green from this block and help it compliment the green block. I also plan to add a touch of blue, as there is a blue block amongst this group of 6 blocks. 

To stay consistent with the three blocks that have been embellished, there will be a heart-shaped motif stitched within the block (though, I fear mine may be a tad smaller.)

Thank you for stopping by to see what I am up to.  I hope you have an amazing weekend!
Hugs,
Renee


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh can't wait to see what you do with this block!!

crazyQstitcher said...

The blocks are lovely. I like the various ways hearts are created.