Sunday, June 22, 2014

CQI Heart DYB Round Robin 2014 - Set 2 Received

Last Monday, I received my second set of blocks in the Crazy Quilting International (CQI) Hearts DYB Round Robin! I have been itching to share these with you all week.

This lovely set of blocks belongs to Kathy S. (a.k.a. Clothqueen - I add this to clarify, this is not the same Kathy S. that participated in the Winter/Christmas DYB RR with me last fall.)  Kathy's fabrics are absolutely lovely!

Lisa B. was the first to work on Kathy's blocks and she did a stunning job, as you can see below.  You can read more about Lisa's work on this block on her blog by clicking here

I love the way Lisa stitched each set of seams framing the heart so they matched and mirrored one another.  Her stitching is so delicate and even.  I encourage you to click on the photo to see a larger image and see more detail.  I only wish you could see it in person!


 Here are the remaining 5 blocks for me to choose from:

It was not an easy choice, but this last block pictured is the one I chose to embellish.  Now, I am off to make some progress.  This needs to be mailed by the first of July, I have two snowballs I need to complete and mail by the end of June, and I have another block on its way that I will share with you soon!

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

No comments: