Thursday, September 19, 2013

CQI Winter/Christmas DYB RR - Melody's Blocks

Block pieced by Melody and embellished by Kathy S.
Look what arrived this week!

Melody created 3 winter blocks and 3 Christmas blocks for this Crazy Quilting International round robin.  The fabrics she chose are so pretty! Many of them shimmer in the light (my camera failed to capture those lovely sparkles.)

If you click on the photos, you will see a larger view. 

Kathy S. was the first to receive Melody's blocks and she did such a beautiful job with this wintery scene.  Kathy's seams are always a treat for the eyes. Her stitching is gorgeous.  (To see more of her work - check out her blog.  THIS LINK will take you to see gorgeous beaded mermaids.  Then click on the "Home" button at the top to see more.)

Block pieced by Melody and embellished by Kathy S.
Barbara W. was the next to receive Melody's blocks.  She did such a lovely job embellishing this Christmas block.  Using beads to create candles never would have occurred to me.  (Confession: I have bugle beads, but I can never figure out how I should use them.  I love this idea!)  The wreath, seams and trims are just lovely!

My photos of the stitching on these two blocks do not do them justice.  I am so thankful I gathered the courage to join a round robin.  There is nothing like holding such exquisite work in your hands.

The 4 blocks I have to choose from are below.





Decisions, decisions.  Last night, I decided between the Christmas Poinsettia block and the Winter Tree block (the last two photos above.)  I pulled beads, charms, buttons and trims from my stash that would go with each block and am leaning toward the Winter Tree block.  (Me? Choose a crazy quilt block involving trees?  You might think I like them or something!)

This is going to be fun! 
 Hugs,  Renee

(By the way, it feels like I have not posted in FOREVER!  I did manage to finish my entry for the Evening Star Design Winter Challenge 2013 just in time to meet the September 15th deadline.  That is where most of my time has been spent.  I will share photos after the judging is done.  Regardless of what the judges decide, I am thrilled with my project and I even made it for me - so it is a prize in itself!  I also FINALLY finished the needle painting section of my May CQJP 2013 block. I'm only 5 months behind. *blushing* I may actually finish it and share with you by October - lol!)

3 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks for featuring my blocks, I cannot wait until they are all home!! they look beautiful and I am anxiously awiting your work!

Renee said...

Melody, your blocks are lovely! And the work that has been done is exquisite. I look forward to working on one - I just need to figure out what to do... It will be fun!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with for her block!