Friday, August 2, 2013

First CQ Messenger Bag Post 12

It has been a while since my last post!  I keep hoping to finish Barb's block for our CQI Winter/Christmas DYB Round Robin, but I still have a ways to go.  I did manage to complete a bit of work on my messenger bag.

Click on the picture for a larger view.
I placed small green seed beads over the small green dots on the black rosebud fabric.  Using 4mm green silk ribbon, I added straight stitches to the green "stems" to make leaves.  Pink 4mm silk ribbon French knots created little rosebuds. 

This was how it looked before:

We took a short trip with our boys to Sunriver, Oregon to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  I was too nervous something would happen to Barb's block if I brought it along.  So, I worked on this and on my May CQJP 2013 block.  (Someday, I may finish the needle-painting on that block so I can move on to the next embellishment and finally share it with you!)

I hope you have an amazing weekend!


NickiLee said...

Renee - I love this seam treatment - so very pretty and elegant!

Renee said...

Thank you! I was more than a little nervous about attempting silk ribbon French knots. My poor husband and boys are so indulgent with me when I get all excited because I actually managed a stitch without ruining the project - lol!