I chose purse B from Butterick's pattern number B5728. I cut out the pattern pieces. Then, I pinned all of the pieces I wanted to crazy quilt onto muslin. Using a permanent fabric safe marker, I traced the patterns onto the muslin, including cutting lines, the seam lines and other notations. After that, I pieced each section, leaving a couple of inches of muslin around each one.
Two of the pieced sections may be seen below. One will be the front of the purse. A pocket will cover a large section of this piece. The second is the front of a flap that will close over the pocket.
|Front of purse|
|Front flap of purse|
First, I added small flowers. The leaves were stitched with 2 strands of DMC 954 (a light green.) The flowers (stars) were stitched with 2 strands of DMC 4215 (a variegated blue, pink and purple floss.)
I have also been working on my second CQJP 2013 block. However, I plan to finish it before posting pictures. I think it is about halfway there.
Thanks so much for stopping by!