Friday, August 31, 2012

My First Round Robin Post #3

I finally received my second block from the CQI Novice Round Robin!  (It was delivered to the wrong address, but eventually made it my way.) 

Click photo for larger image.
This is Hazel's block and the lovely work already completed was done by Mardeen.  I love the way she highlighted the frog and added little beads to his back to add some texture.  Of course, the crown is simply awesome.  The cattails, butterfly, dragonfly and the lily pad with a flower all fit so well.  And I just love the seam treatments.

I have a few ideas rattling around in my head, but I need to figure out exactly what and where to embellish.  Mardeen  has set the bar pretty high.  My youngest admired her work with me and then told me he hoped I could do a good job and that I would not mess it up.  I had to laugh.  I was thinking the same thing.  *Grins* 

So, I guess we will have to stay tuned and see where my imagination takes this frog prince.

Thanks for visiting!
Renee


No comments: