Well... today I attempted to make a tree using a couching stitch. Let's just say, I have a lot to learn! That did not work out well. So, I used 6 strands of floss, ran it the length of the tree and then used an overcast stitch. There are 3 shades of brown on the tree. It left the top of that section a bit bare, so I added a bat. It still needs a little more pizazz, but that will wait for another day. The tree did not turn out quite the way I'd hoped it would; however, once again, my boys thought it was cool and I will take that!
Then I added a buttonhole stitch to the orange section beneath "October." This stitch left me feeling encouraged. It was pretty uneven to begin with (on the left), but evened out quite a bit by the end. My eldest son (Monkey is his nickname) said it looked like stitches on Frankenstein. Perfect!
I have ideas for day 3, but that will not be tomorrow. Perhaps, I will find some time to work on this Thursday. Hope so!