Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crazy Quilt Day 2

Well... today I attempted to make a tree using a couching stitch.  Let's just say, I have a lot to learn!  That did not work out well.  So, I used 6 strands of floss, ran it the length of the tree and then used an overcast stitch.  There are 3 shades of brown on the tree.  It left the top of that section a bit bare, so I added a bat.  It still needs a little more pizazz, but that will wait for another day.  The tree did not turn out quite the way I'd hoped it would; however, once again, my boys thought it was cool and I will take that!


Then I added a buttonhole stitch to the orange section beneath "October."  This stitch left me feeling encouraged.  It was pretty uneven to begin with (on the left), but evened out quite a bit by the end.  My eldest son (Monkey is his nickname) said it looked like stitches on Frankenstein.  Perfect!



I have ideas for day 3, but that will not be tomorrow.  Perhaps, I will find some time to work on this Thursday.  Hope so!

No comments: